Sunday, August 16, 2009

Farewell, My Dear Friend...


Salaam,
After more than four years together in Tehran, I just couldn't believe its time to bid farewell to my dearest and best of all friends and sisters, the ever-green and radiant Datin Sharifah Ikhlas. The good news is that she will be returning to a more than familiar and exotic place, to trail her hubby, as the next Malaysian envoy to Jakarta. Many congratulations Datin, and Dato on your new post and assignment.
Words cannot describe our feelings right now. Its hard to believe its time for you to go. Remembering all the good times, and even the bad, friendship was our gain. We stuck together through sunshine and rain, laughters and songs. We found out what true friends were all about. We'll carry in our hearts our special friendship, and take with us all the memories that were made.
And for you my dear sister, here's a small poem (by Mild G. Calingo) to remember as you begin your new story of a trailing spouse in the land of make believe...
Farewell, My Friend...

My friend to you I bid goodbye
To the friendship that brought me sky
The year has been swell
As if coming from a wishing well
But as all things do
I have to bid adieu
How it pains me to
But there's nothing I can do
Thank you for the memories
The laughter and the tears
They'll linger in my heart
As if we never part
If by chance we meet again
May it be full of blessings in the rain
Yet for now all that I can say
Is to God for you I'll pray...

So be well, be good, and keep in touch. Goodbyes are not forever. Goodbyes are not the end. They simply mean I'll miss you. Until we meet again.
May the choicest blessings of Allah SWT be showered upon us all...Amin.
The following are images from our farewell dinners hosted at the resident on Thursday, 13th August, and Friday 7th August at the Indonesian residence, in honor of you and Ambassador of Malaysia to Tehran.
Wassalam...


Farewell Dinner in honor of our Malaysian colleague at the residence, Thursday 13th August 2009:


with guests from Brunei...

our Indonesian friends...


welcome ...khosh amadid...

Ambassador Dato Syed Munshe

our guests...

something to remember...

our guests of honor of the evening

we'll miss you dear sister...

dinner is served...



perhaps our last dinner together at the residence...

our young Asean diners



with the guest of honor...

for both of you, a song to remember...

'kemesraan' Asean...

we only part to meet again...
Farewell dinner for our Malaysian colleague hosted by the Ambassador of Indonesia and Ibu, on Friday 7th August 2009, at Wisma Indonesia:


welcome speech from the host

a sisterly hug and a momento to cherish...

goodbye my friend and welcome to Jakarta

chicken dabudabu...very appetizing indeed...

the ever popular Indonesian 'Rendang" Padang

the reply speech and the never-ending humor...

a special song dedicated to Datin from the ALC ladies...


the trailing spouses...

Brunei singing duo..entertaining the guests...

the Asean tradition n finale's song...kemesraan

Asean six in Tehran plus S.Korea

All in the family...

(Photography by Norsinawati Yassin)

No comments:

Post a Comment