Thursday, June 24, 2010

My Home-made Jams...

a new trademark...!!
Salaam,
My latest pastime...making jams out of surplus fruits. Yes, its been a week since I've not been posting anything in my blog. Kind of busy in the kitchen with my helper, figuring out what's the next flavour for our new found hobby...home-made jams and marmalade.
Its early summer in Tehran and the beginning of the fruit season. Fruits of all kinds and varieties can be seen in abundance in every corner of the streets in Tehran. This is perhaps the best time of the year particularly for fruit...and jam lovers.
So, it all started a week ago when we found ourselves with surplus of cherries and strawberries. Not wishing them to go to waste, and with hubby's encouragement, I decided to use the fruits to make cherry and strawberry jams. Alhamdulillah, it turned out to be a successful experiment for me and further encouraged me to give it a go for more.
I begin to enjoy this new found hobby and bought some apricots and oranges to try a new flavour. I also bought some oranges and took my recipe book to make orange marmalade.
The jams and marmalade really taste pretty good with lots of real fruit flavour. Hence making and canning our own jams and marmalade is quite easy and an enjoyable experience for me indeed. A truly home-made taste...might consider to go commercial when the time is right, perhaps....
Wassalam.
summer fruits...
in abundance...
cherries...
and peaches...
and blackberries...
home-made jam...my first experiment...


trying a hand with making orange marmalade...
with the help of an old recipe book...
need to be conserved for a few weeks...for a better taste
my first line of home-made jams and marmalade...
from assorted seasonal fruits...

designs by courtesy of Khanoum Maryam Gorji...

not in the market...yet
a great breakfast supplement...
scrumptious home-made jams...

No comments:

Post a Comment